Sunday 9 May 2010

Belmont Park - Kitchen Garden

day was the morning after the night before and have survived the Garden Soc. supper last night. Despite the grotty weather I met up with some friends at Belmont House & Gardens near Faversham today for their spring fair. They have the most amazing walled kitchen garden which was completely renovated a few years ago and gives me lots of inspiration. The gardens have far reaching views across the Kent countryside and you can see nothing but trees and fields which is quite something. I'm very jealous of the greenhouses which are huge. I bet they don't have a bindweed infestation either.

Kitchen Garden
Greenhouse Staging

       
Trained Vine in the Greenhouse                    Apple: Lord Lambourne

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful garden and lovely photos! Thought I'd let you know that this dodo is definitely not extinct! Perhaps you could do with either my Dodo Book for Cooks or Dodo Book of Garden Cuttings to help you along - from your website and your passions they would seem quite appropriate. If you are interested you can find them both at www.dodopad.com. By the way - I have an almost identical picture of my own taken in Kingswood some years ago with my then small son. Toodlepip!

    ReplyDelete